Friday 29 June 2012

Single Girl Snippet: Manifesting Mr. Right







Shortly after my separation, I subletted an apartment while attending job interviews out of town. There was a copy of The Soulmate Secret: Manifest the Love of Your Life with the Law of Attraction on the bookshelf. I picked it up out of curiosity one day. Every chapter, I thought “I can’t believe I am still reading this” --  kind of the way I feel when I read celebrity magazines while waiting in the checkout line at the grocery store.
The book presents a multistep plan to manifesting Mr. Right. Clearly, my soulmate manifestation skills are subpar, so I decided to play along. This involved:

1. Making a list of all the must have and will not tolerate qualities desired in a soulmate.
This was a surprisingly useful exercise. My list was definitely not a carbon copy of the one I would have created prior to meeting the man I was formerly married to.

2. Writing a detailed narrative that starts with “My ideal mate is a single, heterosexual male who is available for a committed, monogamous relationship…”
According to the book, you have to be extremely precise because the Universe has some sort of twisted sense of humour. For example, one poor woman forgot to specify the sexual orientation of the man she was hoping to meet - and then manifested someone who met all of her specifications but was gay. I wasn't going to take that chance.

3. The Collage
I took a fair amount of teasing for this one. It's actually a non-trivial amount of work to collect magazines and clip enough relevant words and pictures. The idea is that whatever you put on your collage will manifest itself in your life. I divided my work of art into various sections: career, personal growth, soulmate, family, and home. I've included the 'Home' section below:


The book cautioned that you have to be emotionally ready in order for the Universe to do its thing and manifest your better half. So, it could be a while before my collage and spreadsheet work their magic. But, they are ready. And with any luck, someday so will I.

1 comment:

  1. Wow these collages are beautiful! It looks like you put a lot of work into them. I predict that they will channel a few good guys your way when you are ready :)

    ReplyDelete