Thursday 28 June 2012

Bucket List



There’s nothing like a time of great upheaval to force some reflection on life direction. After my marriage broke down, I felt quite lost and the question of ‘What now?’ weighed heavily on my mind. I decided to give myself a year to get back on my feet. To help guide the year, I drafted a bucket list (ie. a ‘things to do before I die’ list). The plan is to scratch off as many of the entries as possible by the end of the year.
The list is divided into eleven categories: education, professional, skills, languages, experiences, spiritual, health, personal growth, relationships, finances, and travel. It contains more than one hundred entries. Some goals are fairly ambitious (e.g. resolve my existential crisis), whereas others could be accomplished in a day (e.g. picnic under the stars). Some will take emotional strength (e.g. start dating again), and others will require physical strength (e.g. complete a triathlon).

Now that I have a physical list, my goals feel much more tangible. So many exciting things to look forward to. It feels good.


What are some of your goals on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment