Sunday 24 June 2012

Single Girl Snippet: the Best Bum Pants

Every girl has that one pair of pants they feel accentuates their posterior especially well. I'm no exception. My best bum pants are a pair of Adidas running tights I bought for $20 at an end-of-season clearance 6 years ago. They have a strategically placed mesh that runs along the sides and back which somehow just makes everthing look better. I wore these pants to my Zumba class. Spandex courage, I suppose.

Walking home from Zumba, I was thinking about really important things like what to make for dinner and whether laundry could wait until the morning. That's when I noticed there was a very attractive guy walking towards me across four lanes of traffic and a median - a Vin Diesel type. I've included a picture below for those of you who, like me, are pop culture challenged. I just learned who Vin Diesel was not that long ago. (He's an actor.)

Ok, so here I am standing at an intersection waiting to cross the street in the perpendicular direction. I'm wearing the best bum workout pants, a t-shirt, and oversized sunglasses. This getup was apparently sufficient nerd camouflage because as Vin Diesel sauntered over to where I was, the left side of his mouth pulled into an appreciative smile. He pulled at his sunglasses so he could make eye contact. I smiled shyly. Moments later, he arrived where I was standing.

And what did I do?

Nothing.

So, he kept walking and that was the end of that.

Apparently, my flirting muscles are atrophied from years of disuse.
Sometime in the next few months, I will have to work on that. Not sure how one learns to flirt... there must be a how-to book or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment