Saturday 16 June 2012

Stop the Paper Tsunami

The less stuff you have in your living space, the less time needs to be set aside for organizing/cleaning/filing. One area I especially struggle with is paper chaos. It just somehow gets away on me. Last week, I set up a filing system. This week, I want to try to reduce the amount of paper that comes into my apartment in the first place. I am taking a cue from my neighbours on this one:


And with that 5 minute time investment, I am never going to have to sort through junk mail again. Bonus: this decision is both time-efficient and eco-friendly.

3 comments:

  1. Great way to save the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been doing this for several years and it's been extremely effective! It's amazing how much crap is delivered to our doors, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I felt guilty because of all the wasted resources going into producing these flyers that would just end up in my recycling bin. I only shop at a handful of stores, and I tend to look up their flyers online anyways.

      Delete