Saturday 18 August 2012

Type B Running

Normally, I'm a bit of a "Type A" runnner. By that, I mean that before each run, I decide that I will run X kilometres in Y time. If I don't make my target, I get very disappointed. I don't especially like this about myself. I am a very recreational jogger, and I should be able to just relax and enjoy the exercise. I decided to tackle the issue head-on.

Today, I brought my camera with me on my run.

Carrying the camera slowed me down. Stopping to take pictures slowed me more. For the first couple kilometres, I felt rather annoyed and wondered whether I would make up the time later. The camera started to seem like a dumb idea. I continued following a route I had already run a few times previously. Suddenly, I saw things from a different perspective:


It was a perfect summer day.



Sometimes, it's the imperfections that make things interesting.



Even when conditions are not ideal, success is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment